Saturday, October 9, 2010

2 Kings 6 & 7 - Thoughts

Elisha answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them."  And Elisha prayed, and said, "LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw... (Verses 6:16-17)

It is all about perspective.  The more I read and study God's word, the more I realise the sign of spiritual maturity is not in how often or how long I pray, how much I study the Bible or give of my time.  These things are good, but they all serve one purpose: to align our heart and mind with the Creator of the universe.  When I do, my perspective is correct and I see the world through Jesus' eyes.  The trials seem smaller, the battles seem easier and the enemy looks outnumbered.

May we seek God's eyes and God's perspective on the world today.  We do this through prayer, reading His word, praising Him and by being in fellowship with other believers.  This happens to be the model for the church in Acts chapter 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment