Tuesday, October 12, 2010

2 Corinthians 12-13 - Thoughts

For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you. (Verse 13:4)

Do you ever feel weak?  I do.  Do others see Christianity as a crutch or a sign of weakness?  I believe they do.  People say things like, "I don't need Christ, I'm strong on my own.  I don't need church or God, thats for those weak people."

Of all the people that appeared weak, it would have been Jesus Christ on the cross.  And yet now we know that through this weakness, God was made strong and defeated the power of sin and death.  This one moment of apparent weakness gave God the power to save us from our sins. (Romans 1:16)

The truth is, all humans are weak.  All it takes is a little food poisoning or a cold to make us see the frailty of our bodies.  We all struggle emotionally and spiritually.  Everyone has points in their life when they can proclaim the same sentiment of Solomon: "Vanity of vanities, all is vanity." (Eccl 1:2)


The Bible teaches that in our weakness, God is made strong.  We must recognize our weakness and look to God for strength.  This is not an excuse for self pity or a low self esteem, because God tells us that in Christ, we are His masterpiece. (Eph 2:10)


Lord, the world may thank I'm weak and I know I'm weak.  Please take my weakness and use it for your glory.  Let people know that any good thing that comes from me is because of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment