Tuesday, October 5, 2010

2 Corinthians 10:1-11:28 - Thoughts

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.  (Verses 10:4-6)


We are in a spiritual battle; which Jesus will ultimately be the final judge.  So why doesn't Jesus punish the people that are persecuting us?  Perhaps WE are the answer to our own question.  Jesus doesn't always deal with others right away because He is trying to teach us something first.  Until we learn the lesson, Jesus may decide to allow others to continue the persecution.

If we saw trials this way, it would change our lives.  If we could see the spiritual battles being fought and understand that nothing is an accident or coincidence.  If someone is trying my patience, perhaps God is teaching me patience.  If someone makes me angry, perhaps God is dealing with my anger.  Rather than seeing others as the problem, if we could see them as an instrument God is using to solve a problem in our lives, it would be easier for us to pray for those who persecute us (Matthew 5:44).

Lord, thank You for the problem people You put in my life.  I know that ultimately You will judge them for their actions, but right now You may be using them to deal with something in my life.  May I learn the lesson quickly and easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment