Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2 Corinthians 2:12-4:6 - Thoughts

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves... our sufficiency is from God (3:4)

I am so happy to see this verse amongst this section of scripture. Paul points out that we are a fragrance, letter and light to the world.  How reassuring to know that it is not by my power but by the power of God.

Zech 4:6 - "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit," Says the LORD of hosts.

If I simply focus on my relationship with Jesus and feed the Spirit inside me, then I will be the fragrance God wants me to be. God will be able to speak through me to others and shine His light into other's lives. It is an awesome responsibility, but God never expects us to do it in our strength.

Fill me with your Spirit oh God of Jacob!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment