Sunday, September 5, 2010

1 Kings 22 - Thoughts

So the king of Israel ... went... (v29)

In blatant defiance of God, Ahab went to take the city of Ramoth Gilead. God had shown grace to Ahab repeatedly and then warned him about his impending death if he pursued the city, yet Ahab went. There was nothing wrong with Ahab's desire to take the city. It belonged to Israel and was a city of refuge, but it was not God's way or His timing.

How many times in my life do I desire something? Perhaps it's a good thing and something God would be pleased for me to have, but not right now, not this way. When we get our eyes off of God and His ways and onto the object of our obsession, it will lead to disaster.

Lord help me to seek first the kingdom of God and Your righteousness knowing that all these other things will be added to me in Your way and in Your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment