Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1 Corinthians 15 - Thoughts

If the LORD is God, follow Him; but if Baal (worldly pursuits), follow him. (I Kings 18:21)

I'm always amazed how the Saturday night and Tuesday night studies go hand-in-hand. Elijah gets to a point in his life where he tells others, "Look... if God is real... then do something about it. Act like you believe His Word." In 1 Corinthians, Paul goes through the logical progression of reason dealing with the resurrection of Jesus Christ. If He is risen, follow Him. If not, we are of all men the most pitiable.

One of the best things I've done as a Christian was to really question and research the claims of Christianity, the Bible and of Jesus Christ. I didn't doubt my beliefs, but I needed to logically sort things out in my mind. Now I can say, "I am certain this is true, therefore I need to allow Him to change my life and live for Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment